I took an Amtrak trip with my family about 2 years ago from Pinellas Park, FL to Washington DC. Late at night, as I was finally nodding off, a little boy ran down the aisle and puked all over me. My children were also hit pretty bad, but they were watching a movie, so they did not even flinch even as I was wiping chucks off of their faces.
Anyway, it took the staff 30 min to mosey back after my wife found and notified them. I guess they wanted to finish their card game. When they came they refused to do any cleanup. "We don't do body fluids." They gave the mother of the boy some coffee grounds and made her clean the biggest pile, even though se had her hands full with another child, while she cleaned up her sick child. Then the staff acted very annoyed when we asked to be moved to different seats, and that process took over an hour because they refused to help me. When we left, we cleaned up the boy's puke the best we could using baby wipes, but the wet stuff had soaked into the fabrics. At the next stop, they sat other passengers down in those seats.
There were other disgusting and disappointing things about that trip:
* The train cars did not have thermostats. Heat was either off or on, and outside temperature rapidly got colder throughout the night as we traveled north. We had a freezing cold car and a sauna car. That's there solution to saving $10 for a thermostat; options.
* Bathrooms are often closed because there's usually a "poop Picasso" as they call him or her, a person who smears poop all over the bathroom. Our poop Picasso struck twice without getting caught.
I could go on.
We complained to corporate. We only got a non-transferable coupon, with a quick expiration date, for a future Amtrak trip. I of course, never used it.
CONTACT THIS BUSINESS
BUSINESSES REPLY HERE
More Amtrak reviews
- One-way coach sleeper ticket costs $1,252!
- Amtrak employees do seem to hate their jobs!!!
- maltreated and traumatized
- No concern for people's safety
- Never again will I use amtrak
- Exterior Cleanliness
- Amtrak won't resolve my issue
- Amtrak travel
- Cell phone usage on the train
- Wilmington Station Error
- Dirty Windows, No WIFI
- Not a bad trip... but the filth!
- If Amtrak weren't a monopoly they would be bankrupt.
- Amtrak Attendant very competent.
- disgusting kitchen and food preperations
- Benton IL
- Pet fish department
- return policy
- dunkin donuts sad sandwiches,sanitary,and store managers
- Walmart sanitary wipes at entrances.
- Unsanitary, unprofessional
- Cochroaches Present!
- Very in sanitary way of cleaning the tables
- 2 THUMBS DOWN FOR VAN HOUTEN AVE/DUNKIN DONUTS
- Food Poisoning
- Dirty and Nasty
- Unsafe Sanitary working conditions, Employees who are illegal and speak little/no english.
- fallen chicken thong on the floor
How It Works
COMPLAINTS RESOLVEDThousands of Businesses of all sizes and millions of customers use MeasuredUp
It's free and easy to put MeasuredUp to work for you